Oh, I am super excited about sharing this find with you. To be honest, I contemplated keeping this secret to myself and buying a whole truckload to re-sell but I love you guys too much.
Now during the course of my random web browsing, I have seen cross stitch iphone cover DIY tutorials that totally give me the yearning to cross stitch!
But to source for one would have meant ordering them online and they generally cost around $20 or more. I'm not really a cross-stitch hobbyist and the last time I cross stitched was in my teens and well, that was a while ago. So for me, it didn't seem worth the effort.
The wonderful thing is that while I was out shopping for supplies on Saturday, I happened to chance upon a pink iphone cover with holes. I thought to myself that it might be suitable for stitching if the needle could go through easily but I wasn't sure. So I bought one to test. That afternoon, I poked a needle through the hole and as it turns out, the needle passed through fine and here I am telling you so you can head over to get one for just $2 a piece.
I'm sure you have now guessed that I was at Daiso, the perfect place to score craft supplies on the cheap.
For those of you who can't wait to get hold of one, here are a few things to note:
- The phone cover is only available in the iphone 5 version.
- The cover is made of plastic and not silicon so I found sewing quite easy. I managed to sew while watching the final episodes of homeland on my ipad and didn't poke any fingers in the process despite being a noob at sewing.
- The packaging doesn't actually say that it is for cross stitch so I took a photo to make it easier for you to spot it (see image below).
- Also, if you are planning on heading there today, when I was at ION orchard yesterday, I spotted them in an array of colours (pink, lilac, mint, navy blue, brown, black and white). The plaza singapura outlet only had them in pink.
- At ION Orchard outlet, they were located right next to the cashier when I was there yesterday.
- If you are unable to head down soon, you can try calling beforehand to reserve the item by quoting this number (Daiso Code: 4 549131 155662). I have now created a list of the Daiso outlets on my blog but you can also find the phone numbers on your Daiso receipt.